Wednesday 5 March 2014

A Girly Curly Dove Story


This Post is Among the Winners of #DovePlay Contest


“Panchhi bani udati firu mast gagan mein, Aaj main aazad hun duniya ke chaman mein.”

I was riding my cycle and my choties tied with red ribbon were swaying in air. My cycle was almost flying in the air just like the spirit of the song, suddenly, I heard this, “don’t play too much in hot weather, don’t ….”  Aaaauu, aaauch... dhappp... dhadaam... mummyyyy… I was on the floor. 

“Itni badi ho gai hai fir bhi bed se gir jaati hai.” My brother aka devil’s modern avatar was laughing.


The best part of the day is when I am standing in front the mirror and combing my hair (that time I seriously feel a blonde like Rapunzel). “O Haseena Zulfon wali…ye reshmi zulfein, ye sharbati aankhein  ...” the fm radio was playing these classics when somebody intervened, “for how long you gonna stand here  ... “that’s mamma dear, somehow she don’t like my mirror love; she believes that this activity (staring the mirror falls under Don’t Category because Baalon Ko Nazar lag jaati hai).

“Mum, I want to color my hair in burgundy, in reddish-brown; in bronze  ... I want to highlight my hair with golden strikes... I want to curl my hair; thin curls, thick curls, long curls and short curls... I want to make hairstyles like ramp models.”

“Mum I want to Perm my hair like Nicola Kidman.” I spoke almost in a loud voice.

“Don’t play with your hair Mintu, they are not made of iron or wood; these types of Adventures can ruin your hair forever. I can’t allow you to use those harsh chemicals and Cruel Instruments on your beautiful hair. Baal Kharaab Ho Jaayenge Beta

“Par mamma, just a little color or curls can give me an awesome makeover  ... I am bore with my choti … “

“Already your hair falling and see how dry they are, when last time you have oiled them? Baal Jhaadoo jaise ho jaayenge.

“Color your Fat Friends, specially that purple one, its stupid nose will look very cute in Red color.” my brother interrupted.

“They are not FAT, they are SOFT Teddy and they all have NAMES.”

Yeah, I have named my cute teddies; Silky, Shaanoo, Dazzy and Curly. Now don’t ask me what is the inspiration behind these names…





“Chehare pe giri zulfein kah do to hataa doon main  ... gustaakh maaf  ...” the music system was playing this beautiful song while the hairstylist was showing me demos of various hair color options and hair cuts.

“Tell me something, mere baal jhaadoo jaise to nahi ho jaayenge naa after this Color Session.” I was worried obviously.

“Are you crazy, why you are thinking so? Nothing will happen to your hair, until you will give them proper care and nourishment. Have you used DOVE??”

“No, why..?”

“See, Dove has a complete range of hair care product that includes Hair Fall Rescue Treatment, Split Ends Rescue System Shampoos, Conditioners and Hair Elixirs such as Nourished Shine and Dryness Care. Use them as per your requirement and feel that Love that Dove will Shower upon Your Hair.”

“Would that be enough>” I was still anxious.

“Yup, as they say, “Play Safe” so Play with Colors and Curls and Styles, but don’t forget to protect your Cinderella hair with Dove Magic.” She smiled.

After a couple of weeks
“Udein Jab Jab Zulfein Teri ...”

“Mintoooo… I told you not to play with hair…  Baal Kharaab… ?” Mamma and Bhaiya were surprised.

I slowed down the volume of cellphone music and replied  ...” I am Playing with Dove.” 


I caressed my bouncy curly hair and turned the cell cam on to take a selfi of my shinning Chocolate shade hair. I took few locks in my hand and rubbed them on my cheek; it felt soft and tender like fur and clicked the perfect shot.



This Post is written for indiblogger.com contest "Dove Go Play" conducted by  #DovePlay.

Enjoy the Lovely Dove Song and fall in love with Dove.

Image Courtesy : Google

9 comments:

Khushboo said...

A lovely take for the contest. All the best dear. :)

P.S. I love the pictures of Dove :)

M'Bai Madrasi said...

hehe,, was a loveley read. I am a hair girl too with most of the bad hair day panics. I do lot of experiments which then makes me repent a lot, recent being cutting the hair short :(

Good luck for the contest

Bhavana Lalwani said...

Thank u Khushboo ..

Thanks Paper Clip .. yeah I too love curls n cuts ..

Saket said...

Very nicely crafted post on otherwise a dull topic. And you don't seem to be 'average' as you have claimed in your profile, at least as a writer and blogger.

Bhavana Lalwani said...

Thank u Saket ..yea topic is nt jus dull bt tough as well coz after sunsilk contest again writing on Hair is seriously nt an easy job ..

Sneh Asnani said...

Topic is cute.. and writing is sweet :)

Bhavana Lalwani said...

hehehe .. Thnxx Sneh the topic is also sweet.

Anita Sabat said...

Lovely Post, Bhavana!
One of the best entries for this contest!
Great title, evergreen movie-songs, superhit & apt conversation with Mom (even my Mom used to say the same sentences about hair!)...
Winning entry for sure!
Please do embed the video to make it valid.

Bhavana Lalwani said...

Hey Anita Thanx a MIllion.. :) :) u made my day :)