Monday 28 February 2011

Picnic Adventures Part—3




We noticed, that Yogita was behaving in a strange way, she was not listening to our words, she was smiling for no reason and most of all Pankaj saw her RED EYES which he said, is a symbol of intoxication. Obviously, it scared me, I called her loudly, but she gave me a very strange look, her fingers were tangled in to her hairs, god only knows what she was doing with them.  Amit opened his mouth for first time, “She ate the biggest piece, now see the result, she is out of her mind.”  But to his bad luck, Yogita heard his words and she almost shouted, “I am absolutely fine, stop talking rubbish.”

“So you mean that Bhaang did not affect you?” I asked.
“I am alright, why are you listening to those idiots, they are mindless stupid.”

I was still looking in to her face, when this became intolerable then she shouted again, “Awwwww, stop staring me, God, how can I explain to this dumb head girl”.

“Aumm..errr..ok, then why you are behaving” ..she did not allow me to finish my sentence and said, “offho  Bhavana, can’t you see I am rubbing my eyes, something has fallen in to my eyes, that’s why eyes are getting red, now close this whole senseless chapter.”
This last line was addressed to the boys, who were still suspicious about her eyes.

Anyway, now we concentrated our brains to the beautiful, cozy premise of Bhooteshwar Mahadev Temple.  The Temple was located among the deep forest and surrounded by some small hills. There was a little pond near by the main Temple and how can I forget to mention that big comfy swing near the railing of pond. A few more swings were also in the open ground of Temple, but they were normal swings as we see in parks etc.

Christie Sir asked us to have lunch, everyone was hungry and soon we all sat on a wide platform that I guess, was built for these dining purpose only, because it was in a separate corner of Temple premise. One more thing I noticed, some 5-6 dustbins (metal made) were kept there in a row. They were big enough to store garbage in large quantity and covered with similar metal caps. Manoj and Pankaj were the last to finish the lunch, by that time besides them almost everyone had finished his/her lunch and was relaxing according to their moods. I was still there at platform to pack all boxes of meals because Christie Sir gave me this responsibility to make sure that nobody through or spread remained food here and there. That time, Manoj asked me to throw  some empty boxes in to the dustbin. I get annoyed, “why don’t you do it yourself, you have finished in last, now you have to clean up all this.” 

“Oh, come on, we are tired and want to relax after lunch..Please be kind to us and throw these boxes in to “THAT” dustbin,” he pointed out towards a particular dustbin. First, I denied but then took the boxes and went to throw them in a nearby dustbin, both guys shouted, “No NO, this one is fully loaded, “that one”  ...He pointed again.”

“Humm..ok.”

The moment I opened the cap of THAT dustbin and threw the garbage in it…” Oh, My God, my handbag...it is back, how it happened. Who did this?”

I was shouting and cleaning my bag that get messy and dirty due to those food boxes, but thank god nothing wet material was in those boxes. Than I heard a huge laughter, I looked at both guys and within few  minutes I understood everything, still Manoj started speaking, “ well…when you left your bag on the platform and forget to take it back than I took it and thought to give it back to you.”

“But I find that you almost forget about the bag, so decided to play a small prank with you. During the whole path, we hide your bag successfully, we thought you would make a huge scene and cry for it. But unfortunately apart from that tiny episode of inquiry you did not show much concern, so finally we decided to give you a surprise.”

“So tell us, how was it?” he asked in a way as if he has done an award-winning job.  Anyway, now it was the time to honour him with a Gold Medal.

“You guys are absolutely scoundrels, rascals, you donkeys and monkeys, I am going to beat you,” and with my last words I almost ran towards him with a small sprig, but he escaped.  

Meanwhile when all this drama was going on, everyone started gathering to enjoy this free show. Before I could honour Manoj or Pankaj with their Medals and Rewards, Christie Sir and Yogita interrupted. Yogita took (read snatch) my weapons from my hands and Christie Sir became the savior for those devils.  First he inquired about the whole thing, I explained them about what happened, how happened etc.
He advised me to not to shout and take the whole matter with an ease.

“Bhavana (He spoke with an utmost sweetness), they have returned your bag safely and even took care of it when you forget it at Padam-Sar. Instead of beating them, you should be thankful to them.”

However, I did not like this advice; but did not want to spoil my picnic mood, so I agreed on a plate full of Gulabjamuns (the only thing that could bring my calm back.).  Christie Sir himself offered me those sweets and Yogita served it.

After the “Battle of Bag”, I moved to the swings, enjoyed few rounds and then Yogita called me to take a walk inside the premise. While walking, we found Christie Sir was relaxing on that big swing nearby pond and taking a short nap.  A mischief came in to our mind.  Yogita took a tiny grass straw and poked it in to Sir’s ear. Need not to say that it broke (read disturbed) his sweet nap and he woke up with a sudden manner but before he could say something or scold us we quickly ran. Luckily, he too did not get angry and sleep back (at least he pretends so.) After two hours of relaxing, Pandit Jee and Sir call us and told about our next destination, which was once again a Temple but we were told that it is going to be a nice walk. Sir give us an option of choosing the path, a hilly one similar to our hitherto journey or an easy smooth road. No need to say that everyone raised hands for hilly path except me. I was already tired and not in a mood to tread over hills and stones once again.


To Be Continued…

next part of the story is Here

Image Courtesy :  Google

No comments: